Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas Blessings

I had a great Christmas day with my family.

I rang my nephew Frank first thing to wish him and the family a happy day.  I will be going down later in the week for a visit.

Firstly lunch with Jules, Mick & Zac which was delightful, great conversation, Zac being Zac, and Jules providing a lovely meal.

Received Anh Doh’s autobiography and have read already, very inspiring and sheds new light on the life of boat people and the desperation that drives them to make a new life for themselves.    

Spent the evening with my brother Frank and his family and I smiled all through the night.  Everyone commenting on how much I am like my mother, although I smile more.  Felt some tinge of regret because I have missed out on so much and regrets also for Frank and Katherine missing out too.  My great niece Grace has captured my heart, she is such a gorgeous girl and has very strong opinions.  I cannot wait to spend more time with them.

Just some advice: Love your family with all your heart and don’t allow stubbornness to get in the way of your relationships.  That’s all I have to say.

I spoke with my daughter Michelle and her three year old Dylan on the phone.  The boys love the kitchen and utensils I gave them for Christmas and from what Shell tells me they are the favourite gift this year.

Carolyn


No comments:

Post a Comment