Thursday, December 23, 2010

Annoying Things and Some Good Happenings


It has been three weeks since my last post and I am disappointed with myself.  Firstly the camera batteries went dead, then I installed the new ones and the camera is now officially dead.  I need photos to liven up my blog so will go searching for some inspiration on the web tomorrow.


I have been off work sick since late October and so starting to feel glum.  Now I know I had to lift myself so took my ten year old grandson for a walk around the Hobart Botanic Gardens.  What a great time we had!  Zac found a pine cone which he picked up and took home with him as a reminder of our lovely day.

On Tuesday I had to pick up an antique picture frame from the courier and when walking from the building rolled my left ankle.  So now I have aching thighs from my walk and a sore ankle and foot!

The good news is that I have made up with my brother who I have been estranged from for eight years.  We had a lovely four hours talking over life and both of us have decided to move on from the hurt and enjoy one another’s company again. It was lovely to get a hug from my big brother.  I love him so much and am so glad that we talked like we always did.  I am going to his place for Christmas tea and so looking forward to meeting his three grandchildren who were born whilst we were estranged.

Hope you all have a wonderful Christmas.  Please stay safe!

Carolyn

2 comments:

  1. Logs of ups and downs but aren't your ups great! How wonderful about you and your brother. Have a lovely Christmas. :)

    ReplyDelete